This website relates to a proposed Strategic Housing Development by Ardstone Homes Limited at a 9.55 ha. site located in Crodaun, Celbridge, Co. Kildare.
The proposed development will consist of the demolition of an existing agricultural structure on site and the provision of a new vehicular access onto the R405 Regional Road (Celbridge-Maynooth) to serve the proposed residential development that consists of 372 no. new residential units.
The proposed residential development will be provided as follows:
- 122 no. Apartments in 2 no. apartment blocks 4-storeys in height at the north-western and south-western parts of the site. The apartments provide a mix of one and two-bedroom units, comprising 46 x 1 bed units and 76 x 2 bed units.
- 12 no. 1 bed Maisonettes and 20 No. duplexes (comprising 10 x 1 bed units and 10 x 2 bed units).
- 218 No. houses, comprising a variety of housing forms to include detached, semi-detached and terraced houses. A mix of house sizes are proposed to include 20 x 2 bed; 140 x 3 bed houses and 58 x 4 bed houses.
The proposed development also includes:
- A childcare facility measuring approximately 191 sq.m (GFA) at ground floor level of Apartment Block B.
- The provision of 633 no. ancillary car parking spaces and 340 no. bicycle parking spaces.
- The provision of 2 no. ESB sub-stations, ancillary services and infrastructure works including foul and surface water drainage, attenuation areas, landscaped open spaces (approximately 13,026 sq.m, or 14.2% of the site area), boundary walls and fences, landscaping, lighting, internal roads, cycle paths, footpaths, and cycle and pedestrian connections to the R405 and the R449 Regional Roads.